at Wayfair in Bangor, Maine, United States
We consider candidates on a rolling basis. Depending on how long the job has been posted, interviews may already be taking place or an offer may have been extended. However, we always appreciate you expressing interest and your recruiter or your manager will be in touch on next steps towards growing your career.
Who We Are
At Wayfair, we care about our customers! Our award-winning Customer Service Team balances technology and human empathy to build customer trust and loyalty. From the time the customer orders with Wayfair through delivery to their home, our team works to make it easier than ever to shop for the home. The Customer Service Team works proactively in a fast-paced environment to monitor customer orders and ensure a seamless delivery to the customer. In the event a customer should contact our support team via phone, email, chat, social media, or in other ways, we empower our Customer Service Team to resolve the issue. We are passionate about our customers and work to delight them on every interaction with Wayfair.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of 15-16 consultants at varying skill levels
- Supervise consultants answering calls and emails from customers seeking assistance with post-order issues such as returns, replacements, refunds, delivery status, back order inquiries and any other issues that may arise in the order fulfillment process
- Provide extensive coaching and counseling to assist consultants in meeting customer satisfaction, resolution targets, exceed customer expectations, build customer loyalty and take advantage of sales opportunities
- Conduct side-by-side observations and quality assurance (call monitoring) reviews
- Make recommendations and/or take corrective action to manage performance as appropriate and be an integral part of the disciplinary and termination process
- Work closely with Human Resources and Senior Leadership to address and resolve employee issues
- Effectively interview and recommend candidates for hire
- Analyze trends based on historical data to close performance gaps
- Respond in a professional and courteous manner to escalated customer service inquiries, requests or complaints to reach an effective resolution
What You’ll Need
- 6 months time in role (minimum)
- In good standing with Talent Management
- Recommended by current manager
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically while working in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to close performance gaps
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent customer-facing and management work experience
Although you may meet the minimum requirements, you may not be guaranteed an interview. The complete application (resume, checklist, etc.) is reviewed along with the qualifications of the position to determine the top candidates for a phone interview, and there may be more candidates that apply than can be selected. Please keep a close eye on the career site, so you can promptly apply to roles you are interested in pursing.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.