at Wayfair in Brunswick, Maine, United States
Global Freight Operations – Associate
Pay: $38,000 annually 10%Annual Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage starts day 1
- $5,250 in eligible Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discount
- 401(k) with company match up to 4%
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Day of Voluntary Service
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the daily planning and execution of freight operations, including working with business partners to help standardize operational processes.
- Coordinate across carriers, ports, and fulfillment centers to ensure consistent transit time and
- Provide insight into container tracking forecasts and provide arrival estimates to relevant teams
- Support the process of identifying operational challenges, as well as identifying, planning, coordinating and executing creative solutions.
- Identify patterns and escalates roadblocks and inefficiencies while proposing a work plan, and proactively contributes to group problem solving discussions.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Track record of success in developing relationships with customers and/or stakeholders, working collaboratively and leveraging influence to drive projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with strict attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, an ability to stay consistently positive, people-oriented and energetic through a constantly evolving and fast paced work environment.
- Demonstrated experience in setting goals and objectives and taking steps to achieve them.
- Ability to drive cross-functional initiatives and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Transportation is a plus but not required.
- Data driven. Experience in using Google Sheets and/or Excel.
Overview: As a Global Freight Operations Associate, you will work to support the logistics coordination of freight from port of origin for Wayfair’s CastleGate Fulfillment Centers. This process is split in two: Ocean Freight (port of origin to port of destination) and Freight Drayage (port of destination to Fulfillment Center). You will also be supporting the process of working with the leadership team in identifying operational challenges, as well as helping to drive for creative solutions.
Who we are: The International Supply Chain is a team of highly driven and self-motivated individuals who are working in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment. Our goal is to manage and drive operational efficiencies by working cross-functionally. We are working to grow our business, as this is the newest CastleGate supplier service, to hundreds of suppliers within the next few quarters.
What is CastleGate? CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newest business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business – which is focused on providing strategic supply chain services to key suppliers. Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.