at General Dynamics Information Technology in Brunswick, Maine, United States
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Public Trust/Other Required: None
Job Family: Proposals
General Dynamics Information Technology has an immediate opportunity for a Technical Writer with the following duties and responsibilities included (but not limited to):
• Working closely with team members (subject matter experts) to revise and author clear, concise, consistent, and technically accurate documents, including, but not limited to: SOPs, user guides, design documents and training materials.
• Creates or works with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process.
• Collect, organize, analyze and evaluate technical and non-technical information
• Provides writing and editing support for proposals, manuals, reports, and other project deliverables documents.
• Works closely with technical subject matter experts (SMEs) to translate technical ideas into persuasive, understandable text for proposal sections and related documents.
• Takes a lead role in the final production of documents (e.g., proposals and client deliverables).
• Analyzes RFPs to develop outlines/templates for proposals; reviews draft proposals to ensure that all requirements are addressed fully.
• Analyzes RFP content to fully understand intricacies and gather content and information from multiple sources, including past proposal submissions, policies & procedures, other organizational materials; assists in market research and competitive analysis activities, as needed.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• High attention to detail, ability to stay focused with minimal managerial oversight.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and sometimes high-pressure environment and with high volume data management.
• Good judgment, knowing own limitations, sensitivity to handling compliance questions for regulatory agency.
• Intermediate to Advanced skill in Adobe Suite.
• Possession of a 4-year degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Four or more years of Documentation Control/Tech Writing/Tech Editing/ Proposal Management/Research Analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or under general direction
• Strong understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
• Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and other tools/software
• Experience working with government contracts is preferred.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.