at Advantage Technical Resourcing in Portland, Maine, United States
Signode is a leading transit-packaging provider, offering safe and effective products and solutions to our customers globally.
With over $2B in revenue, 80+ manufacturing facilities across 6 continents and over 7,000 employees worldwide, Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of line packaging operations and protect products in transit. Signode brings this extensive product portfolio together under hundreds of trusted brands to offer complete transit packaging solutions to its customers.
We produce strap, stretch and protective packaging. We also manufacture packaging tools and equipment used to apply the bulk packaging materials. These commercial packaging products are used to pack, bundle, unitize, protect and secure goods during warehousing and transit. Our company is a pioneer in the industrial packaging sector with a long history of customer-focused innovations in materials, processes and automation technology that have revolutionized the sector.
We are proud to be the Transit Packaging Division of Crown Holdings, Inc. We are excited to go to market as Signode and to share the portfolio of products, services and capabilities that make us the world's premier end-of-line packaging company.
Please read the job description below and if you are interested, please apply on Signode's website
Senior Field Service Technician - Portland, ME
Perform duties to install and provide on-demand/scheduled service and training for all general purpose equipment and a wide variety of industrial and specific application machines.
* All Field Service Rep job functions and responsibilities
* Independently schedule service calls, diagnose and troubleshoot equipment breakdowns involving mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic functions, disassemble units, replace defective parts, make adjustments and test for proper operation on most equipment assigned.
* Coordinate proactive pre-installation meetings with customers to review installation procedures and both company and customer responsibilities, inspect sites for product compatibility and install, adjust and test equipment.
* Overnight travel to provide and meet service call schedules as required, including assistance outside of territory.
* Proactively report and follow up on potential unsafe conditions and suggest effective solutions.
* Telephone customers to review and resolve production failures, determine the nature of problems and recommend corrective action if feasible.
* All entry level job functions and responsibilities
* Identifying complex problems relating to customer and/or machines, reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement effective and strategic solutions.
* Maintain effective customer relationships via tactful explanations of product failures, requiring discussion, persuasion and obtaining of approvals.
* Communicate essential information on a timely basis to key stakeholders such as customers, management and engineering
* Design and conduct training programs for repair and/or preventative maintenance. Audiences include customer and company service representatives.
* Work with inventory manager to assist on appropriate inventory sourcing levels and specific parts as it pertains to their assigned territory
* Identify conversion opportunities and retro fits and notify appropriate parties to assist in quotation proposals
* Assist fellow peers on field responsibilities as assigned
* All mid-level job functions and responsibilities
* Read and interpret complex blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics as required for installation, repair, special conversions and retrofits of customer equipment.
* Basic PLC knowledge to troubleshoot and repair equipment programmable electronic control units
* Prepare comprehensive technical surveys on redesign leads as required for training department.
* High school education or equivalent required
* Completion of mechanical training program via a community college or trade school desired
* Minimal 2 years of transferable experience
TRAVEL -- The employee is... For full info follow application link.
Advantage Resourcing makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-verify employer.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account