at Christmas Tree Shops and That! in Scarborough, Maine, United States
Christmas Tree Shops is growing and so is our need for more talented team members. We are looking for experienced team members who have a passion and reputation for delighting our customers and driving merchandising and operational excellence. We offer a distinctive, fast paced, and dynamic retail environment where you can truly make a difference AND have a very real opportunity to grow your career! If you are looking for a retail growth company that values both its people and its customers, and has a winning track record, and even brighter future, your search is over – you have discovered Christmas Tree Shops. We offer competitive wages.
Specifically we are seeking the following Part Time positions in the S. Portland, ME store:
- Customer Checkout
**Starting at $13.50**
(all shifts, candidates with weekend availability will be considered first)
The Customer Checkout Team Member is responsible for engaging with customers, processing customer transactions, and assisting customers in the checkout area and/or on the sales floor. This position maintains, replenishes, and organizes assigned areas providing a clean and inviting shopping environment. The Customer Checkout position supports our efforts to operate efficiently to drive sales and profitability.
• Acknowledges customers in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner; promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and customer requests for support.
• Processes all customer transactions through the register, packages customer purchases.
• Collects email addresses from customers at register to enable marketing outreach.
• Effectively communicates with leadership and team members, requesting assistance as needed.
• Organizes register area and replenishes front end supplies as needed.
• Returns misplaced product, customer returns, and put backs to correct area of the store.
• Prepares merchandise for stocking; verifies prices and adds price labels as needed.
• Stocks merchandise on store fixtures following stocking plans and presentation standards.
• Organizes and straightens merchandise areas on the sales floor; replenish products as needed.
• Processes processing price changes on product and signing on merchandise displays.
• Maintains housekeeping standards; cleans checkout area and fixtures, removes debris/trash.
• Demonstrates safe work methods and practices, including reporting safety issues promptly.
• Performs responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and effectively following policies and procedures.
• Performs additional duties, as necessary including but not limited to cart retrieval.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to support business needs.
• Occasionally be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 40 pounds.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• May involve reaching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, and climbing ladders.
If you are flexible, dependable, and a team oriented individual who takes pride in your work and enjoys a fast paced, customer driven environment, then we would like to hear from you! We offer competitive wages and a generous 20% merchandise discount.
Please apply online or you can also Text "jobs" to 66763 .
Christmas Tree Shops is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.