at Northeast Bank in Portland, Maine, United States
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for generating new core business banking deposits by sourcing, securing, and cultivating new relationships with municipalities, law firms, accounting firms, trust companies, homeowner associations/property managers, and not-for-profit organizations throughout the State of Maine; focusing on the sale of depository products, cash management services, remote deposit, online banking, mobile banking, and other related services as appropriate. In addition, the incumbent will support the Banking Centers to expand current, and build new, local business banking deposit relationships by periodically going on joint business development calls and preparing depository and cash management proposals.
• Responsible for self-sourcing and developing new business banking depository relationships.
• Develops and manages assigned business banking depository relationships.
• Prospects for new opportunities independently, as well as in partnership with teammates in the Banking Centers.
• Utilizes a consultative selling approach and proactively researches client profiles to fully understand the client’s business.
• Collaborates with internal business partners to strengthen existing client relationships and target new prospects.
• Markets the Bank’s business banking deposit and cash management products and services, including providing internal business partners, and clients, with product and service demonstrations.
• Provides cash management expertise, including managing clients’ day-to-day banking needs involving operating accounts, holdback accounts, and cash management services.
• Works closely with the cash management support team to (a) on-board new client deposit accounts, (b) assure that the Bank is providing them with an exceptional client service experience, and © identify any additional product and service offerings that may benefit the client.
• Proactively follows-up with clients to ensure proper implementation and onboarding of products and services and that client is satisfied and needs are met.
• Responds promptly and accurately to client inquiries, resolves minor issues as necessary, and follows-up on details to ensure customer satisfaction. Handles all client requests or problems in a professional, efficient, and timely manner.
• Provides effective New Client Onboarding and Customer Engagement by routinely making recommendations to strengthen business processes, products, and services.
• Represents the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all clients, potential clients, and co-workers.
• Complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and Bank policies and procedures.
• Successfully passes technical and regulatory examinations required by the Bank.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 3-5 years of experience in retail and business deposit gathering.
• Thoroughness and strict attention to detail.
• Excellent mathematical skills.
• Competence with computers and other office machinery.
• Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with both clients and co-workers.
• Self-motivated with a demonstrated aptitude and desire for sales and service success.
• Proven success developing high value / long-term client relationships.
• Strong sense of ethics and commitment to privacy of client information.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure as needed.
• Ability to make sound decisions, which may include on-the-spot decisions regarding client transactions; weighing client satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
• Have perspective – capable of relating to individuals as all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to the Bank needs, client and employee goodwill, and the public image.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND CONDITIONS:
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel to client locations, as needed.
• Must be able to occasionally lift-up to 25lbs.
• Consistently operates a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine and printers.
Northeast Bank is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national original, veteran status and any other classification protected by Law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.