at The Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine, United States
Working under minimal supervision from the Associate Directors of Single Cell Biology, this position is to provide service, technical support, and innovation to scientists developing and applying single cell technologies, multiplexed antibody-based technologies, and cell-based screening methods in a molecular and cellular biology laboratory setting. In this context the incumbent contributes substantially to the conception, organization, execution, management, and reporting of significant technological projects. The incumbent is responsible for testing, developing, streamlining, improving, and implementing protocols (new or existing) using cutting-edge technologies such as: single cell 'omics, 3D-cell culture, high-throughput screening, highly multiplex imaging, and other technologies.The incumbent will work directly with research labs to provide services. Responsibilities include testing new protocols, preparing biological samples, assisting in cell preparation, and troubleshooting experiments, managing, and analyzing data. Excellent knowledge in molecular biology and strong hands-on skills are critical in protocol development and implementation.Strong interpersonal and written and oral communications skills are required.
Exercises technical responsibility for organizing, coordinating, executing and interpreting single cell transcriptomic and epigenomic experiments from tissue to data.
Responsible for independently validating and establishing spatial analysis experiments (e.g. image mass cytometry). Independently writes associated technical reports, papers, and research proposals and/or provides documentation of research results
Lead and/or assist in data management and analysis through LIMS and programming tools
Assist in management of laboratory resources and ordering and the development and creation of SOPs. Percentage of time:
May be responsible for supervising other personnel within the laboratory
Professional and clear communication with coworkers and customers.
Maintain all project and sample documentation as required for each process.
Implementation of new scientific services
Efficient and cost-effective production of molecular data
Quality of molecular data generated
Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) with minimal deviations, striving to meet all sample and project quality metrics.
* Ph.D. in a relevant field, or Master's in a relevant field plus 4 years of specifically related experience, or a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with at least 8 years of specifically related experience.
* All candidates must possess demonstrated excellence within a relevant area (e.g. single cell, molbio, cellular engineering) with excellence documented through contributions to publications, patents, and/or technological development and dissemination
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative and identify, prioritize, and plan activities necessary to meet projected goals.
* Molecular biology knowledge and hands-on skills are essential, and knowledge of single-cell genomic research (and related technologies) is a plus.
* Exceptional organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, schedule, and successfully carry out multiple projects at the same time to successful conclusion with minimal supervision
* Strong attention to experimental detail and process is critically required.
* Ability to utilize spreadsheet and database software; introductory programming skills in Python, R, or similar general purpose programming languages is desired.
* Working experience in genomics focused laboratory and experience in data management, including laboratory information management systems (LIMS) is desired.
* Excellent written and verbal skills required for efficient communication of scientific details in a diversified environment.
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,400 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients' lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders,... For full info follow application link.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.