at University of New England in Biddeford, Maine, United States
The “Safe –Ride driver operates a university van on a fixed circuit around the Biddeford campus between the hours of 3:30 PM and 11:30 PM Monday-Friday. When classes are not in session, the Safe-Ride driver performs the duties of a Security Officer. The Security Officer protects people and property on campus, and assists in the handling of various emergencies.
• Patrol campus buildings and grounds to prevent or deal with any incidents of theft, vandalism, fire or fire hazards, disorderly conduct, violation of University traffic, safety, security, or other regulations.
• Check ID’s of visitors, and assist in escorting individuals off campus as appropriate…
• Issue tickets for campus parking or traffic violations.
• Respond to complaints/calls related to possible criminal activity, and investigate incident(s) and/or apprehend involved individual(s) as appropriate.
• Investigate complaints made by faculty, staff or students on campus.
• Respond to calls involving medical emergencies, and administer first aid and/or call for additional assistance as needed.
• Report security incidents and unusual or hazardous conditions on campus to appropriate officials.
• Call for and assist local fire and rescue personnel as needed..
• Provide security services such as parking and traffic direction and crowd control for special events, setting up traffic/parking barricades as appropriate.
• Provide special transportation and escort services as needed.
• Assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors with problems involving keys, locks, doors, cars and other such related problems.
• Provide visitors with directions and general campus information.
• Prepare all required paperwork for security activities.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• High school education.
• First aid training.
• Knowledge of CPR desirable.
• Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals, in some instances under stressful, dangerous and/or emergency conditions.
• Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and efficiently.
• Demonstrated integrity.
• Ability to train and oversee the work of student staff
• Physical ability to perform all job duties.
• Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.