at Wayfair in Brunswick, Maine, United States
Acting as a lighthouse for our partners, Supplier Performance Analysts monitor near real-time data to identify problems and partner with suppliers to get back on track. Suppliers are the engine that powers our team’s obsession with driving perfect orders. The workload follows trends in supplier performance and changes in Wayfair’s overall operations and expectations of our suppliers. Adjusting quickly to solve problems is a daily practice in our work. This role works cross-functionally with internal teams to identify trends and root cause problems while developing solutions to support daily operations.
Primary Role: Analysts engage with suppliers directly to improve their fulfillment processes, minimize delays, and promote an excellent Wayfair experience for all of our stakeholders. Enabling our dropship partners to deliver perfect orders at scale, this role works with cross-functional teams to ensure continuous improvement in dropship operations.
We Drive Results
- Monitor and analyze trends across supplier warehouses to improve on-time shipments
- Identify problems and quantify impact to both our network and overall partner performance
- Research and provide root cause analysis utilizing internal tools and communicating directly with warehouse operators to understand Wayfair as well as external drivers
- Adjust process when potential roadblocks appear, balancing precision with volume + speed
- Drive supplier adoption of key tools and technology with an aim at improving processes
We Win Together
- Work with Wayfair partners and across internal teams (Partner Operations, Category Management, Network Management, Transportation) with urgency to resolve problems and get shipments on track
- Leverage existing Wayfair tools from across operational departments to streamline and improve current processes
- Provide insight to manager and stakeholders for further process and reporting improvements. This will be an evolving role that requires clear communication and confidence to drive change
We Are Always Improving
- Become subject matter expert on data, tools and work streams within the Service Operations organization related to dropship operations
- Proactively seek to identify potential pain points as systems evolve
- Diagnose non-obvious drivers of problems and apply innovative solutions
- Consider multiple approaches to solving each problem and identify the best path forward for short term efficiencies + long term impacts
- Approach work with a willingness to ‘fail fast’ and move forward
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree + 2yrs (or equivalent) experience
- Confident with an ability to hit the ground running
- Understand and commit to Wayfair’s drive for Cost Efficient Perfect Orders at Scale
- Strong phone presence with a ’we’re in this together’ approach
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-driven, looking for a challenge and to further develop skills and subject matter expertise
- Desire to work hard and be challenged in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for automating routine tasks to create space for attacking the bigger picture
- Preference for experience with:
- Warehouse, logistics, and/or supply chain operations data + reporting tools (Excel, SQL, Google Data Studio)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.