at Prescott Metal/EAM in Biddeford, Maine, United States
Prescott Metal is looking to hire an experienced MIG Welder for our Frame Fabrication Department. $1,000 signing bonus and new 401(k) Employer Match.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on welding equipment.
- Layout, fit, weld, and finish tubular-steel parts with minimal or no supervision according to customer specifications in the allocated time.
- Measure work-piece dimensions throughout the frame fabrication operation to assure quality and the ability to replicate.
- Finishing of welds as specified by work order.
- Keep work area clean, neat, and orderly.
In Process Inspection Requirements:
- Verify material type and material thickness.
- Check for any material defects or damage.
- Verify finish.
- Verify orientation on every structural member.
- Verify all outside dimensions after tack-up.
- Verify all lead in dimensions of cutouts and holes after tack-up.
- Verify quantity.
- Verify all tapped holes are free of debris.
- Verify weld splatter is removed as required.