at Norway Savings Bank in S. Portland, Maine, United States
Building a better bank starts with hiring outstanding talent.
It starts with you.
Do you have smarts, individualism, and a passion for helping others? We are looking for people with a drive to create lasting relationships by delivering extraordinary customer service.
We truly have something special here; a 155-year-old commitment to high achievement and high support. Norway Savings is a place of continuous learning and growth that will offer you many exciting opportunities. We strive to create an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion, where you can let your color shine!
We are committed to taking care of our employees. We have an award-winning Wellness Program that has led us to be named one of the Healthiest Companies in America!
Norway Savings has a strong focus on our customers, and building strong relationships within our communities.
A float Customer Relations Representative will be responsible for meeting the financial needs of new and existing customers in our various locations as assigned. The position identifies potential opportunities to develop customer relationships for all bank business lines. The incumbent provides friendly and efficient customer service to maintain strong customer relations and accepts and processes daily customer transactions while embracing the Bank’s Achievement and Support Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Customer Service
- Ensures positive customer experience
- Process daily transactions (deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, etc.)
- Assists with daily branch operations
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, security and compliance
- Cross-Sell convenience services
- Identify opportunities to refer other banking products and services
- Achievement: Self-motivated, self-directed and completely accountable for behavior
- Support: Contributes to a culture of interdependent parts which result in common interest being served
- Communication: Communicates professionally both verbally and in writing
- Leadership: The ability to guide, direct or influence others to accomplish a common task
- Empowerment: Take personal initiative and accountability for making efficient, informed and timely decisions at appropriate levels
- Team: Promotes team environment which is based on mutual respect and trust
- Responsible for professional appearance and image of the branch, i.e. Facilities and equipment
- Maintain a professional image; an image that one projects about themselves based upon appearance and reputation. Image can be conveyed as professional by the way that you dress, the way you speak, the way you respond to others and the way others speak about you.
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Preferred cash handling experience
- Basic computer knowledge
- Positive attitude and ability to adapt to changing circumstance
- Engaged interactions with internal/external customers
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Saturday morning availability required
- Travel to any of the Norway Savings Bank offices as assigned
Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards. Physical effort required; lifting up to 35 lbs.; reaching, twisting, bending, pushing and pulling; standing for extended periods of time; freedom of movement on a regular basis; handling of materials and supplies.
**External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or who become disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.**
Norway Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.