at Ready Seafood in Saco, Maine, United States
Now Hiring Entry-Level Production Team Members
Ready Seafood Company is a rapidly growing wholesale lobster business located up and down the coast of Maine with headquarters based in Saco, ME. As the largest lobster processing facility in the State, we have quickly become a leading seafood exporter, shipping millions of pounds of live lobster, fresh HPP, cooked and whole frozen lobster meat to nearly every corner of the world. With over 100 employees, our team-based employee model makes for a competitive, fast paced work environment with tremendous growth opportunities. We are currently seeking entry-level Production Team Members to join the growing team at our new Saco production facility!
Full-time employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance after 60 days of employment, and 401(k) with company match after 1 year, as well as competitive PTO and 6 company paid holidays.
Our Production Team members are the front-line all stars of our business, ensuring lobster orders are efficiently processed and received by our global customers. The Production Team directly handles our lobsters through the full production cycle. Within the Production team we have several position types available, including Ready-to-Eat processing (cooked lobster), Fresh processing (raw HPP and frozen lobster), quality control, shipping/receiving, and sanitation.
Key Responsibilities & Duties (may vary by department)
- Assist with ready-to-eat product processing
- Assist with frozen product processing
- Assist with quality control inspections
- Assist with packaging of processed lobster product
- Assist with distribution preparation of processed lobster product
- Comply with all food safety and quality control requirements
- Comply with all company health & safety requirements
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, following all sanitation procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- No previous experience required
- Excellent communication & time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed during busy season
- Working knowledge of lobster/seafood industry a plus
- Lifting requirement - Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds (more in some positions)
- Standing requirement - Prolonged periods standing and walking
- Manual dexterity requirement – ability to coordinate two or more limbs (two arms, or two legs or one leg and one arm) to operate a variety of machinery and equipment.
- Trunk strength requirement – must have ability to use core abdominal and lower back muscles to support the body over time without fatiguing.
- Plant environment - Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and tolerate exposure to typical noises and smells associated with the production plant (reduced temperatures and/or wet production conditions).
Ready Seafood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ready Seafood does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.