at Camden National Bank in Ellsworth, Maine, United States
Primary responsibility for teller transactions and supporting service and sales activities. The essential functions are noted below; however, at Camden National responsibilities may evolve over time given organization, technological and/or staffing changes. At any point other duties may be assigned.
Please note this position is 30 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Display working knowledge of bank application software by utilizing computer systems to obtain customer information, account balances, account transactions, etc.
- Function as a primary contact with the public, serving customers in a cordial manner and fostering a positive customer experience with each interaction.
- Process a variety of transactions using judgment regarding the validity of transactions presented. Refers items outside of own authority or questionable transactions to a supervisor or manager.
- Accept deposits, verify cash and endorsements, issue receipts, process withdrawals and cash checks within established guidelines.
- Process deposits and payments received by mail, night drop, and in the ATM.
- Maintain a satisfactory proving record.
- Responds to general customer inquiries and has the ability to assist customers with consumer and business products.
- Adheres to Teller policies and procedures.
- Answers incoming calls and responds as appropriate to serve the needs of the caller.
- Demonstrates knowledge of teller processing which includes transaction processing, maintenance of equipment, cash handling, and beginning and end of day procedures.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of Vault procedures.
- Participates in the sales and service activities through support and referrals.
- Responsible to delivering the best banking experience to customers.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of bank products and services.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software and Internet software.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of debits and credits
- Working knowledge of the Vertex Teller, Jack Henry Experience, CRM, Outlook, Jabber, and Cisco telephone systems and maintain a satisfactory proving record
- Experience with customer relations.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer.
- Willingness to learn and speak with customers about products and services and to learn referral skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented, with patience for performing repetitive tasks.
- Skillful and accurate operation of a ten-key adding machine.
- Demonstrated accuracy in numeric data processing.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderateTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account