at YMCA of Southern Maine in Biddeford, Maine, United States
We provide job training! Free membership! 25% off programming! Advancement opportunities! Paid Time Off! Excellent full time benefits.
Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community? Consider the Y!
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors.
Under supervision of the Facilities Director, the Custodian is responsible for overall cleanliness and upkeep of the facility.
Up to 40 hours per week -- both full time and part time positions available.
1. Responsible for working with Facility Director acknowledging and responding to all member comments/facility concerns within 24 hours to ensure a high level of membership satisfaction.
2. Maintain inventory for cleaning supplies by informing director when supplies are low.
3. As needed perform custodial work in main branch and childcare center including: vacuuming, mopping, trash pickup, laundering facility towels, shower curtains, mops and rags, dusting and light maintenance as directed by the Facilities Director.
4. Daily cleaning hands-on as needed of all parts of the facilities (main branch and childcare center) including but not limited to: washing walls, windows, mirrors, baseboards, floors, showers, bathrooms, etc.
5. Maintain familiarity with MSDS locations and information and comply with all safety methods, utilizing procedures for chemical and workplace safety.
6. Comply with all OSHA safety practices including PPE’s and report unsafe conditions and situations to the Facilities Director.
7. Responsible for mentoring less experienced co-workers, including being a resource on job responsibilities, process and procedures.
8. Report any unresolved problems and facility safety concerns to the Facilities Director.
9. Fill in for co-workers as needed.
10. Comply with duties as assigned by the Director which may be subject to change based on the needs of the branch.
11. Is an advocate to the Y by promoting our cause. Assists with the annual campaign by increasing awareness about the campaign within the Y community.
12. Learn and actively utilize ADP Employee Portal on a consistent basis.
13. Other duties as required.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account