in CUMBERLAND-Portland-Metro County, ME
Job Description• Communicate with past due tuition and loan accounts by mail, email and telephone, follows due diligence.
• Stays current and follows FERPA and collection regulations.
• Workout appropriate payment arrangements to help bring accounts current, and follow up until debts are satisfied.
• Maintain records and reports of contacts with debtors.
• Assigns accounts to collection agencies to assist in collections including the retention of collection attorneys if necessary.
• Become familiar with various computer software programs used to research accounts and skip trace debtors.
• Learn the regulations of the various loan programs.
• Process credit reports.
• Confer regularly with collections agencies exchange information, investigate and resolve problems and the like.
• Oversees the Perkins Loan servicer (ECSI). Responds to disputes from students regarding this loan.
• Bankruptcy notices – researches accounts and updates accordingly.
• Third party – bills third party organizations for student payments.
• Assists with answering calls and emails for the SFS office.
• Completes University new employee orientation and sexual harassment training within 30 days of the date of hire.
• Understands and complies with the University of New England Safety Manual.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Must be able to work independently as well as be a team player.
• Back up for refunds. To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account