at Prescott Metal/EAM in Biddeford, Maine, United States
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Confirm that all safety devices are in place and operational including welding curtains.
• Inspect PPE for wear or breakage.
• Perform daily maintenance and safety checks.
• Maintain a log of preventive maintenance on a daily/weekly schedule according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
• Alert supervisor of any maintenance or repairs that require outside services.
• Notify the supervisor of any problems and suggested changes that will allow jobs to run more efficiently
• Operate spot welder as required.
• Operate stud welder as required.
• Operate rolling equipment as required.
• MIG and TIG welding on stainless, steel, and aluminum as required
• Complete finish processes to customer specification (Class A – Class D)
• Keep his/her work area clean neat and orderly
• Consider pallet weight and stacking methods to maintain safe capacity.
In Process Inspection Requirements:
• Verify material type on first piece
• Verify material thickness on first piece
• Check for any material defects or damage
• Verify grain direction if applicable on first piece
• Verify orientation all pieces
• Verify post weld outside dimensions on all pieces that are not fixed
• Verify lead in dimensions to cutouts and holes on all pieces that are not fixed
• Verify quantity
Physical Demands/Work Conditions:
• Standing for long periods of time, 8-10 hours per day, walking, stooping, bending and reaching.
• Frequently lifting manually and/or moving material up to 50 pounds.
• Use of hands to handle, control, or feel objects and tools.
• Repetitive movement.
• Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm for long periods of time.
• Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
• Normal exposure to production/manufacturing environment subject to dust, metal shavings, machinery oil, and powder coating- and occasional office environment.