at The Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine, United States
The Associate Manager is responsible for the daily operational delivery of activities within a Phenotyping Core of the CBA (Center for Biometric Analysis). This includes but is not limited to responsibility for: * Conducting, quality controlling, and analyzing phenotyping experiments, scheduling personnel, space and equipment to maximum effect, setting up, validating and troubleshooting specialized phenotyping platforms, supervising daily operations within the team, ensuring effective training of staff members, as assigned by Supervisor, ensuring a safe and compliant operation, project managing a complex and dynamic portfolio of projects, and generating quotations and posting billing in an accurate and timely manner.
* Phenotyping activities-Participate in all daily aspects of the core facility,
demonstrating leadership, and technical expertise. This includes conducting
testing on phenotyping platforms, maintaining accurate experimental records,
ensuring timely data upload to defined LIMS systems, ensuring the traceability,
integrity and security of data and analyses delivered to clients, and optimizing
data processing, reducing manual intervention wherever possible. Synthesize
data into summary packages and progress reports. Assure service quality by
assessing processes, procedures, protocols, controls, and deliverables for
accuracy and completeness. Contribute to the development of testing paradigms and integrate them into CBA offerings as needed. This includes contributing to capital procurement activities, setting up and extending the capabilities of existing equipment e.g. for use with wild derived strains, as well as establishing and validating new platforms. Ensure equipment maintenance and calibration, including managing service contracts. Troubleshoot equipment and experiments.
* Project Management- Schedule personnel, space and equipment to
maximum effect. Work with your Supervisor to maintain a skills and training
matrix that matches competency and capacity with demand. Track status and
progress of every Project to ensure the completion of deliverables, on time and
within budget. Ensure successful receipt and handoff of animals and data to and from Clients, and, where applicable, between CBA Phenotyping Cores. Ensure current knowledge and competency of all necessary LIMS solutions: iLAB (project onboarding, quoting and billing, PFS (mouse inventory management, phenotyping and data management), MPD (phenotyping data visualization and analysis), JAXLIMS (KOMP specific).
* Leadership and supervision-Deliver consistent and comprehensive
phenotyping competency and validation training. This includes the development and maintenance of accurate and high quality standard operating procedures that meet modern standards for research replicability, and confirming
competency through the stringent application of validation protocols. Oversee
the day to day operational supervision of team members. Where applicable to
project delivery, deliver effective matrix management e.g. interfacing with RAF,
Mouse Production, and other Scientific Service members and CBA Phenotyping Cores. Contribute to effective and timely recruitment cycles to ensure staffing opportunities are fully realized.
* Administrative duties- Collaborate with EHSS and the CBA Operations
team to ensure a safe working environment that is compliant with all necessary regulations. Maintain an accurate and complete drug inventory. Ensure all work is authorized by IACUC. Work with the CBA Operations team to ensure AUS and RP documentation is current and complete. Ensure accurate and timely cost recovery for the phenotyping core. This includes generating quotations and submitting billing using defined LIMS systems, and assisting in the creation and validation of Item Codes.
* Other duties as required
* BS/MS in Neuroscience, Metabolism, Preclinical Imaging, Physiology, Cardiovascular, Biology, Genetics, Animal Science or related discipline plus 4 years of relevant experience.
* Exceptional mouse handling and phenotyping skills with a deep understanding of the equipment
used within the Core, and a proven ability to troubleshoot equipment and experiments.
* Demonstrable expertise with data processing and analysis.
* Proven success project managing a complex, multiple project operation. The incumbent must demonstrate a flexible approach and positively embrace change management in order to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrable success in establishing SOPs, providing competency and validation training to users.
* Demonstrable experience managing a fiscally disciplined scientific operation, preferably a core service, within established IACUC guidelines, and... For full info follow application link.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.