at Woodfords Family Services in Westbrook, Maine, United States
Independent Living Direct Support Professionals
Full-time Float Position Available
Great Portland and Greater Biddeford Areas
$250 Hiring Bonus (new employees eligible, bonus paid within first full pay period)
- $500 Stay Bonus offered to eligible full-time employees in good standing after 6 months of successful full-time employment within DSP position
If you’re a dynamic and compassionate individual who wants to impact the lives of adults with special needs, then a position as a Direct Support Professional (DSP) at Woodfords could be waiting for you!
Woodfords offers excellent paid training and certification.
Our DSPs work flexible schedules, and usually have a combination of day and evening hour shifts.
- Float position is Monday through Friday
- Daytime and early evening hours
Pay/Compensation for Independent Living Direct Support Professionals (DSPs):
- $15.00 hourly – full-time employees (30 to 40 hours/week)
We have a comprehensive benefits package for Woodfords Family Services’ DSPs, including:
- Health Insurance with multiple plan options to meet your needs and gym membership reimbursement
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan w/ Agency Match
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Exclusive Verizon Discount to Woodfords Family Service Employees
- Woodfords Family Services is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Woodfords is committed to support employees who are eligible for the PSLF Program with necessary documentation. To learn more visit: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
Woodfords’ Direct Support Professionals (DSPs),
- Work directly with adults with developmental disabilities who live independently on daily living skills including: budgeting, meal prep, housekeeping, grocery shopping, decision making, transportation and personal support
- Support individuals to be active and engaged in their communities
- Provide written documentation of daily progress toward consumers’ goals
- Are key members of the Independent Living program
- Work independently with an adult and cooperatively with a treatment team
- Receive excellent support from the team
- Are carefully matched with an adult who is looking forward to support
- Join an agency and team that values compassion and work/life balance
When you join Woodfords, you become part of an agency of people who are:
- Compassionate and energetic
- Supportive and have a passion for helping others
- Great communicators, with good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem solvers
- Patient, understanding and creative
We invest in our employees and provide paid training & opportunities for advancement!
- We will teach you the skills and strategies needed to be successful as a Direct Support Professional
As an agency, Woodfords has implemented robust safety protocols in accordance with current CDC guidelines. We value the health and safety of our employees and consumers.
Key Qualifications of the Direct Support Professional (DSP):
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license
- Use of reliable vehicle with current insurance
- Direct Support Professional (DSP) certification or successful completion of the full DSP course within 6 months of hire (paid by Woodfords)
- Good physical strength; able to bend, lift and stand
About Woodfords Family Services:
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families since 1967. For more than 50 years, our agency has been Maine’s leader in the provision of services for individuals and their families with autism, developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Want to learn more about our agency, programs or employment opportunities?
Check out our website: Woodfords Family Services
“We have a mission that is good and needed. We have an organization that provides the training and leadership so that we can successfully meet challenges that arise when carrying out our mission. I love seeing the results of one’s efforts take root in and have an impact on people’s lives. At Woodfords, we are improving the world one person at a time.” - Bob, Residential Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Additional Opportunities for Woodfords Family Services’ Employees:
- Advancement within Woodfords Family Services
- Training and Professional Development
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.