at Woodfords Family Services in Westbrook, Maine, United States
Home Based Technician
Early Childhood Services Westbrook
$250 New Hire Bonus (new employees eligible - paid within first full pay period)
$250 Stay Bonus available at 6 months of employment (employees in good-standing eligible at 6 months in role)
Summary of the Position: The Home-based Technician is responsible for providing early intervention services to toddler/preschool age children in their parents' home using both a parent-coaching model and direct intervention with the child or small group setting to assist parent(s) in supporting the overall development of their child. The Home-Based Technician will work with the Senior Lead Teacher and Program Director, in guiding children toward the fulfillment of their potential for cognitive, social and emotional growth and maturation.
- Full-time, Monday through Friday between 8am and 4pm.
- Health Insurance (with multiple plan options to meet your needs and gym membership reimbursement)
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan w/ Agency Match
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Exclusive Verizon Discount to Woodfords Family Service Employees
- Woodfords Family Services is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Woodfords is committed to support employees who are eligible for the PSLF Program with necessary documentation. To learn more visit: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
Qualifications of the Home-Based Technician:
- A minimum of an Associate's degree, Bachelors preferred, in Special Education, Early Childhood or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience and the desire to work with children with special needs.
- Must be an American Citizen or maintain legal alien status.
- Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle. Driving to/from families homes will be necessary.
- Must possess the ability to deal with the stress of the position in an appropriate manner.
- Must possess the mental, physical and emotional health to carry out the position of Home-based Technician of the Early Childhood Services' program.
- Must have a satisfactory criminal background check.
- Must possess good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities of the Home-Based Technician:
- Demonstrate knowledge of ESM, ABA principles, and CDS Birth-3 guidelines.
- Complete necessary quarterly documentation as indicated by Department of Education as well as Maine Care guidelines.
- Provide direct care to children based upon individual education plan (IEP), individual family support plan (IFSP) and/or individual treatment plan (ITP).
- Attend and participate in required meetings, including, but not limited to; EITM, IFSP, ESM, and agency-wide.
- Meet monthly with the Home-Based Senior Lead for supervisory meetings.
- Have frequent collateral contact with therapists and other members of the child's team.
- Maintain accurate daily progress notes, data collection, billing and complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality of child and family information at all times and address any identified problem or social information gathered about an individual child and alert the Program Director.
- Advancement within Woodfords Family Services
- Training and Professional Development
How to Apply:
- Apply online and submit a letter of interest and resume
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families since 1967.
- For over 50 years, Woodfords has been Maine's leader in the provision of services for individuals with autism, developmental disabilities and intellectual disabilities.
- Woodfords offers programs to help children, youth and adults reach their goals and achieve their highest potential.
- When you join Woodfords Family Services, you make a difference in the lives of individuals with special needs.
- Join the Woodfords family and discover why close to 600 people across Maine call Woodfords their professional home! Woodfords is an equal opportunity employer.
Check out these videos featuring the work we do:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.