at Woodfords Family Services in Biddeford, Maine, United States
Behavioral Health Professional (BHP)
Part-time BHPs needed in Biddeford, Saco, Alfred & Kennebunk
Woodfords Family Services is seeking committed, compassionate, and dynamic individuals who want to work as Behavioral Health Professionals (BHPs).
- Support children and teens with autism, intellectual/developmental disabilities in their communities. Work on specific goals to help them increase their skills in behavior management, communication, independent living, self-care, self-help, and socialization.
- If you are passionate about supporting kids, teens, and their families to reach their goals, we will train you to be successful!
Compensation/Pay: $14.00 to $15.00 hourly
- Afternoons, early evenings and weekends
- Multiple schedules and locations available
- Flexibility during school breaks and in the summer
- BHPs work from 12 to 29 hours weekly
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Training and Behavioral Health professional Certification
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan w/ Agency Match
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Exclusive Verizon Discount to Woodfords Family Service Employees
- Woodfords Family Services is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Woodfords is committed to support employees who are eligible for the PSLF Program with necessary documentation. To learn more visit: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
As an agency, Woodfords Family Services has implemented robust safety protocols in accordance with current CDC guidelines. We value the health and safety of our employees and consumers.
Behavioral Health Professional Role:
- BHPs work one-on-one with a child or teen with special needs within their home and community.
- BHPs focus on consumers' goals related to:
- Social skills
- Personal and daily routines
- Community inclusion
- BHPs are important members of the Rehabilitative & Community Support program, working independently with the child and cooperatively with a treatment team.
Qualifications of a Behavioral Health Professional:
- High school diploma or GED required (higher education is preferred)
- Valid driver's license required
- Reliable vehicle with current auto insurance required
- Experience working with children with autism or intellectual disabilities preferred
- Experience using teaching strategies derived from the principles and practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) preferred
- Positive attitude, high energy level and creativity
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families for over 50 years.
Want to learn more?
- Check out our website: Woodfords Family Services
Watch this video to hear from our staff, consumers and families about how amazing Woodfords is:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.