at Woodfords Family Services in Gorham, Maine, United States
Behavioral Health Professional (BHP)
Part-time BHPs needed in Gorham, ME
Woodfords is seeking dynamic individuals who want to work as Behavioral Health Professionals (BHPs) and support children and teens in their community with specific goals to increase their skills in behavior management, communication, independent living, self-care, self-help, and socialization.
- If you are passionate about supporting kids, teens, and their families to reach their goals, we will train you to be successful in this role!
Compensation for Behavioral Health Professionals (BHPs):
- Part-time positions available
- $14.00 to $15.00 hourly wage based on education, experience, and certification
- $0.50/hour wage increase once employee receives Behavioral Health Professional certification
Schedule for Behavioral Health Professionals (BHPs):
- BHPs work 12 to 29 hours weekly
- BHPs work with kids and teens when their home from school, usually in the afternoons, early evenings, and on weekends
- Schedules can be flexible, particularly during the summer and during school breaks
- We can often match your availability with a child or teen waiting for the help a BHP provides
Woodfords has a Comprehensive Benefits Package, Including:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan w/ Agency Match
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Exclusive Verizon Discount to Woodfords Family Service Employees
- Woodfords Family Services is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Woodfords is committed to support employees who are eligible for the PSLF Program with necessary documentation. To learn more visit: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
We Want to Hire Behavioral Health Professionals (BHPs) who are:
- Compassionate, energetic and enjoy working with people
- Supportive and have a passion for helping others
- Good communicators, and are an excellent problem solvers
- Patient, understanding and creative
- Dynamic individuals who want to impact the lives of people with special needs and their families!
If this describes you, then a position as a Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) at Woodfords could be waiting for you!
The Behavioral Health Professional Role:
As a Woodfords’ Behavioral Health Professional (BHP):
- You will work one-on-one with a child or adolescent with special needs within their home and community focusing on behaviors, social skills, personal and daily routines, as well as community inclusion.
- You will be a key member of the Rehabilitative & Community Support program working independently with the child and cooperatively with a treatment team.
- Your schedule may be flexible allowing you to maintain a work/life balance.
We invest in you and provide you with paid training & opportunities for advancement! We will teach you the skills and strategies needed to be successful.
Key Qualifications of a Behavioral Health Professional (BHP):
- High school diploma or GED required (higher education is preferred)
- Valid driver’s license required
- A reliable vehicle with current auto insurance required
- Experience working with children with autism or intellectual disabilities preferred
- Experience using teaching strategies derived from the principles and practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) preferred
- A positive attitude, high energy level and creativity
As an agency, Woodfords has implemented robust safety protocols in accordance with current CDC guidelines. We value the healthy and safety of our employees and consumers.
About Woodfords Family Services:
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families since 1967. For 50 years, our agency has been Maine’s leader in the provision of services for individuals and their families with autism, developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- Not only are we committed to our consumers and their families but we are also committed to our staff. That is why we have staff who have been working with us for 10, 20 and 30 plus years!
Want to learn more about our agency, programs or employment opportunities?
- Check out our website: Woodfords Family Services
Take a look at these videos and hear from our staff, consumers and families about how amazing Woodfords is!
Additional Opportunities for Woodfords’ Employees:
- Advancement within Woodfords Family Services
- Training and Professional Development
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.