in County, ME
Eastern Maine Electric Cooperative is seeking an apprentice or experienced line worker to live and work in the Danforth area. Experience is a plus but not a necessity; EMEC offer an apprentice training program.
Applicants must have a safe driving record and be able to obtain a Class 1 license within 1 year of hiring.
Applicant must be able to:
- Perform tasks that involve construction and maintenance of overhead and
underground electric distribution line;
- Work at elevated heights;
- Work for long periods standing, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling and being in awkward positions;
- Work in adverse weather conditions and at all hours of the day;
- Regularly lift 80 to 100 pounds;
- Work in noisy environments; and
- Follow safety rules and regulations.
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess a high degree of initiative.