at Greater Portland Metro in Portland, Maine, United States
FLEET CARE WORKER
Under direction performs a set routine of vehicle servicing, cleaning, and custodial duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fuels and parks buses;
- Checks all fluid levels;
- Washes bus exterior, thoroughly washes and cleans the interior, and removes all trash from the bus;
- Checks by visual observation all lights, mirrors, wipers, tire wear, and tire pressure;
- Cleans the service lane area; returns tools, equipment, and materials to the storage closet;
- Documents defects on appropriate vehicle defect forms;
- Probes farebox for revenue information and empties fare box vault into appropriate specified area for auditing;
- Makes minor repairs.
Essential Aptitudes, Skills, and Abilities
- Required ability to work independently, self-motivated, and a self-starter, as well as work well in a team environment
- Ability to maintain detailed, organized records
- Dependable, trustworthy, and maintains a high level of integrity with regard to their work
- Can utilize common sense, company policies and think quickly to adapt and solve problems
- Skills in custodial or janitorial work, truck driving experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Class B license with passenger and airbrake endorsements is preferred
- Some knowledge of bus or heavy equipment maintenance
- ability to follow simple written and oral directions
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English Language effectively
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand for up to 9 hours per day
- Occasional standing, walking, crouching, kneeling, pulling, and pushing
- Frequent lifting and carrying objects
- Requires capacity to lift up to 75lbs unassisted
- Requires the ability to extend hands and arms in any direction.
- Use of legs and body torso to climb ladders and to lift from overhead
- Capacity to start, stop, control, and adjust the actions of machines to achieve desired results.
- Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, aptitudes, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, METRO reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the position, or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, staff shortages, workload changes, rush jobs, or technological developments).To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account