at Unitil Service Corp. in Portland, Maine, United States
To perform activities required to operate, maintain, construct, inspect and survey all gas distribution jurisdictional assets. To ensure that these activities are performed in accordance with Federal and State regulations as well as company policy, company procedures and management objectives. To provide services as an emergency gas leak first responder with the objective of ensuring public safety and protecting company assets. To ensure the timely and accurate completion of all necessary records, timesheets, paperwork and documentation needed for accounting, regulatory, asset management and related purposes. Professionally interact with customers, regulatory authorities, and employees to ensure that the company satisfactorily meets their needs. Performs work consistent with training provided and/or skills attained or held.
- Possess and maintain a valid Maine State Gas License, or obtain within three years.
- Respond to service calls when on standby as soon as possible, not to exceed 30 minutes from receiving call.
- Possess and retain an unrestricted Vehicle Operator's License.
- Posses and retain DOT medical examiners certificate.
- Have a high school education or equivalent.
- Exercise courtesy and tact in dealing with customers.
- Be in good physical condition; have good appearance and habits.
- Be willing and able to accept shift and emergency assignments, work overtime and standby.
- Must accept Company assigned Service Department standby on a rotational basis.
- Work in all types of weather conditions per collective bargaining agreement.
- Pass DOT Drug Screen if not presently working in a covered position.
- Have the ability and aptitude to perform duties independently in a safe and professional manner.
- Have the ability to maintain/keep required records satisfactorily.
- Be consistently punctual, regular in attendance and have a good safety record.
- Be able to work from heights.
- Must reside within the specified geographic area and respond within 30 minutes to gas leak emergencies, and be available for duties during times of system emergencies.
- Must be able to obtain Operator Qualification (O.Q.) certification based upon the requirements set forth in DOT 49 CFR 192, Subpart N.
- Must have the ability to recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account