at Pearson in Augusta, Maine, United States
Product Manager, Capability Product Management – ( 2110770 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Product Manager, Capability Product Management reports to the Director of Capability Product Management. Product Managers assess the market and customer need, define the roadmap for the product platform, monitor its development and delivery, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders. The team works closely with Solutions Product Management and Product Owners to ensure the customer and market need for Pearson’s products are carried through into software development.
The Product Manager is expected to be an expert in Agile Software Development practices (Scaled Agile Framework® preferred) and will be part of the implementation of those practices within the Product Management team. They must also provide mentorship for internal stakeholders who are maturing in their knowledge of SAFe® practices.
- Collaboratively develop and continually refine product roadmaps based on our strategy and investment priorities for the platform capabilities that enable the end to end Product Solution
- Leverage Pearson’s market research, competitive intelligence, and user experience research capabilities to reflect the voice of the customer in all product roadmaps
- Ensure all stakeholder voices are heard and clear priorities are set for development teams
- Clearly communicate product business cases to the team and stakeholders, articulating both the product’s value proposition as well as defining and measuring metrics for its success
- Support preparation for release increments by coordinating the activities of multiple teams and ensuring customers and other stakeholders are informed in a timely manner
- Support all quality management efforts by assuring that the aggregate results of the teams are routinely integrated; that performance, security, reliability requirements and other standards are met
- Advocate for effective resource allocation decisions that support the program vision
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the roles and responsibilities of the Product Management team and a deep understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Product Owners, and Product Developers
- Develop strong working relationships with Product Development leadership to ensure tough decisions, issue escalation, and change/enhancement requests are managed well
- Evaluate dashboards and reports to ensure the successful delivery of our products and adherence to SAFe® best practices.
- Work with our research teams to define, measure, and improve the efficacy of our digital products
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technologies, and competitive analyses to identify new opportunities and initiatives which ultimately serve the long-term product strategy
- Build deep expertise and empathy for the customers and learners that use our curriculum, services, and software products
- Develop rapport and trust with business owners, engineering, architecture and key stakeholders
- Lead and support continual process improvement by proposing optimizations for any aspect of the development environment and lifecycle
Pearson is focused on providing a flexible work environment to its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of our culture and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide to our employees the ability to work from anywhere, anytime. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work at home policies regarding home office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position can expect a starting salary range of $85,000 – $100,000, and are eligible to participate in an annual incentive plan. Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 – 7 years of experience working in a product management role in an agile software development environment
- Scaled Agile Framework preferred
- Ability to work from home or during off hours as necessary
In addition, the ideal candidate should have:
- Experience in the education field
- Certified SAFe® Agilist, Product Owner preferred
Capabilities & Behaviors:
- Customer-centric: Acts with a customer mindset (external or internal), builds strong relationships with customers, and uses it to improve outcomes
- Culture first: Encourages collaboration, solves problems with peers, builds trust and support
- Comfortable driving clarity in ambiguous situations: Resilient and able to handle complex situations effectively, understands organizational flux, anticipates issues
- Strong communicator: Engages teams with thoughtful delivery, engagement and messages that resonate end ensure common understanding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present findings to management
- Must be able to translate data into information, then highlight insights and conclusions to provide business recommendations
Primary Location : US-RE-Remote
Work Locations :
Job : Product Management
Organization : North America Connections
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Manager
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jul 27, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2110770