at Nappi Distributors in Gorham, Maine, United States
This position is responsible for preventative, diagnostic, and repair maintenance of our trucks and passenger automotive fleet vehicles including diesel and gas powered vehicles.
• Performs required safety inspections, preventive maintenance, diagnostic, and repairs to gas /diesel trucks and passenger-type vehicles.
• Fabricates and welds to repair equipment as necessary per manufacturer's specifications.
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Participates in sponsored trainings with the goal of continued education and industry knowledge.
• Works with the other Mechanics to assure the garage and equipment are kept clean, orderly and presentable.
• Follows all safety protocols and resolves/reports any potential or existing safety concerns.
• Complies with all regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Heavy duty truck technical training or 2+ years related experience preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, air systems with heavy trucks and passenger-type vehicles for maintenance, diagnostic and repair of diesel and gas engines, hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical systems, transmissions, exhaust systems and controls, brakes, and suspensions required.
• State Inspection license or willingness to work towards.
• Valid driver's license must be maintained for this position; CDL license preferred.
• Possess own tools necessary to perform duties.
• Experience with welding and cutting.
• Familiarity with DOT regulations is desired.
• Positive, can-do attitude; ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
• Customer service oriented.
• Problem solving skills and analytical abilities.
Physical and mental ability to perform the duties of this job include prolonged standing, reaching, kneeling, squatting, bending, repetitive grasping objects and use of fine manipulation dexterity. Frequent climbing, walking, twist/turning, lifting of up to 85 lbs from ground to shoulder levels and pulling/pushing of up to 185 lbs., is required. Occasional sitting, driving, primarily to local destinations. Visual acuity, hearing, dexterity, coordination, and cognitive ability sufficient for performing required tasks and communicating efficiently and effectively with others; driving, reading, and use of electronic equipment. Mental ability to concentrate on details, and to perform more than one task at a time, including when under significant time and other pressures and to communicate professionally and effectively with co-workers and all levels of personnel. Work environment includes exposure to noise, various lighting, heat, fumes/airborne dust particles, and vibrations.
This job description is intended to outline major responsibilities and is not all-inclusive. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account