at General Dynamics Information Technology in Bangor, Maine, United States
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Public Trust/Other Required: None
Job Family: Telecommunications
There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Tower Crew Foreman joining our team to support Verizon activities WA/OR. At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Tower Crew Foreman supporting Wireless Carriers, you will be trusted to perform installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications wireless systems.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
- Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
- Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
- Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
- Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Associates degree. Related experience will be accepted in lieu of degree. – 3+ years of related experience
- Ability to lead and manage multiple tower climbers/crew
- Ability to effectively communicate with GDIT management team and assigned tower crew on a daily basis.
- Responsible for overall performance including safety, quality, production and financials. – Basic computer skills to send daily progress reports, safety reports, and quality audits with back-up photos and videos.
- Must be able to work long hours outside in the elements in a full body harness suspended at varying heights for long periods of time.
- Candidates are required to complete General Dynamics training before working in the field (CPR, First Aid Training, RF Awareness, and Climbing/Rigging Certifications).
Candidates must be willing to travel 100% of the time. Travel will be within the state of Washington and/or Oregon.
Experience with Verizon, or other wireless carrier installations
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.