at Cianbro in Augusta, Maine, United States
* Performs all types of industrial painting work.
* Prepares various surfaces for painting by using caulking, putty, cement, washing, scraping, sanding, sandblasting, or other means as necessary.
* Paints buildings, structures, and equipment using a brush, spray gun, or other applicators.
* Paints steel structures, cement, drywall, and wood surfaces.
* Proper care of equipment through cleaning and appropriate storage.
Qualifications / Requirements:
* Ability to erects and uses ladders, scaffolding, swinging stage equipment, and aerial l lifts as required.
* Ability to use hand tool and power tool painting equipment such as sandblasters, power washers, spray equipment, and various power tool cleaning devices.
* Ability to work at extreme heights in various weather conditions.
* Considerable knowledge of industrial applications and appropriate coatings for metal and structures exposed to adverse weather and moisture conditions.
* Extensive knowledge of safety standards/precautions pertaining to painting and ability to read and follow MSDS recommendations and requirements.
* 5 years of experience in the industrial painting trade.
* Ability to use gauges and instruments in the painting trade.
Cianbro is an employee-owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.