at Tri-State Staffing, Inc. in Augusta, Maine, United States
Assist and support the physician with management of patients care
to assure the best possible care given.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Ability to triage multiple calls and take complete, detailed messages for physicians.
- Must participate in regular in-service training including: Bloodborne pathogens, biohazard waste, chemical hygiene and VDT.
- Able to work flexible schedule, staying until the last patient leaves.
- Possess sufficient previous experience to handle details of the position.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, ability to perform secretarial duties with speed and accuracy, ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to patients both in person and over the phone.
- Interact professionally and cheerfully with patients in all situations.
- knowledge of office environment and procedures: filing, phone systems, computers, fax machines, copiers, etc.
Sit, stand, bend, lift thirty (30) to forty (40) pounds, answer phones and move intermittently during work hours. Occasionally requires repetitive hand movements and exposure to VDT. Must be able to speak, see and hear or use prosthetics with enables these senses to function adequately to assure performance of duties and requirements of position. Subject to frequent interruptions. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record patient vitals.
- Assist physician with procedures - i.e. blood pressure, EKG, pap smears, etc.
- Assist patients with special needs in ambulating, communicating, dressing/undressing, toileting, and any other appropriate functions.
- Maintain clean and stocked patient rooms during the day.
- Inventory supplies for reorder.
- Schedule in office and out of office appointments, mail patient information, and be familiar with insurances accepted by your provider.
- Keep demographic info up to date, document all telephone contact and medical records in patient electronic health record.
- Assist receptionist in greeting patients, answering phones, preparing lab paperwork and take payments.
- Maintain current knowledge relative to insurance referrals, testing protocols and requirements.
- Assist Administrator and provider with other duties as requested.