at University of Maine - USM in Portland, Maine, United States
The University of Southern Maine seeks an individual to join its Facilities Management Department as a Supervisor for our Custodial team on the Portland Campus. This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution and provide quality customer service in dynamic and engaging environment. If working nights and enjoying the days in Maine’s largest metropolitan area sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, you are encouraged to apply!
The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor will supervise a group of Custodial employees on the Portland campus by prioritizing, assigning and scheduling work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained and follow established policies and procedures, and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment. Furthermore, the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor will participate in hiring, training & development, and team building. This position will ultimately be responsible for all things custodial-related on the Portland campus, and may help support custodial projects and events as needed on the Gorham campus. This position will work to promote a strong and cohesive custodial team that supports the University’s Service Promise of Student Focused Every Day on all USM campuses.
For a complete job description, click here.
Pays $18.16 per hour (+ $0.40/hr shift differential) with a work schedule of Sunday through Thursday, 10:00pm – 6:00am.
USM offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes: vacation, sick and holiday pay, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, a tuition waiver program for employees and their spouse or dependent child(ren), a 403(b) retirement plan and more.
The USM Service Promise is “Student Focused Every Day.” We seek a staff members who share this commitment, with its associated values of respect & care, integrity, equity, and responsiveness.
USM is committed to building a culturally diverse team of leaders, faculty and staff. We welcome applicants who are multilingual. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) or international degree equivalency
- Sufficient experience, including seven years of grounds or custodial-related work experience which should include two years lead or supervisory experience
- Valid Maine driver’s license and ability to drive University vehicles per APL requirements
- Effective communication skills
- Customer service knowledge & experience
- Knowledge & experience operating and troubleshooting grounds machines & equipment
- Experience with computers and related software applications
- With or without reasonable accommodation, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects and be capable of standing for long periods of time and flexible enough for bending and reaching