at Market Decisions in Portland, Maine, United States
Market Decisions Research is hiring Part-Time survey interviewers to work in our small, casual, Portland call center for long-term opportunities. These positions have a flexible schedule that allows for evening and weekend hours. This is a great opportunity for college students looking to build their resumes, people looking for a second/supplemental income, or anyone desiring a part-time schedule that offers flexibility and meaningful work.
Interviewers conduct phone surveys on a variety of interesting topics using our Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing software.
We mainly serve health care and human services clients and work on important public issues: health care, health insurance, employment for people with disabilities, public health education, and other topics.
Applicants should be comfortable with sometimes asking questions of a sensitive nature in a non-judgmental way.
Our clients use the data we collect to measure and improve public health programs and education, vocational rehabilitation training and employment services, and health insurance programs.
If you are a college student majoring in sociology, psychology, political science, or a health care field, this position can build your resume.
Market Decisions Research provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. We take pride in the diversity of our staff and seek diversity in our applicants.
· Able to read smoothly and clearly from a script, asking questions that are sometimes sensitive in nature.
· Ability to accurately document and track work progress and status both on and offline.
· Ability to establish and maintain a positive, professional rapport with people from a variety of backgrounds.
· Maintain neutrality by asking questions as written, staying on script, and using non-directional probing to get accurate answers to questions.
· Respect the confidentiality of respondents and data collected.
· Basic Windows-based computer skills including typing 30 words per minute and accurately recording responses.
· Responsive to coaching and feedback.
Education and Experience
· A high school diploma or equivalent is required
· Applicants with experience or college coursework in public policy, social services, health care, social sciences, or related field are encouraged to apply
· Call center, canvassing, or other similar experience is desirable but not required.
Market Decisions Research provides full training on interviewing techniques and our industry-specific software, as well as project specific training and ongoing coaching, support and feedback on job performance.
Other Mandatory Requirements
· Work at least 16 hours per week. Schedules up to 40 hours per week may be available. Typical schedules are 5PM to 9PM on three to four weeknights and four hours between 10AM and 6PM on Saturdays.
· Reliable transportation to our Portland offices - Qualified Interviewers are able to work remotely after an initial in office training period.
This is sedentary work requiring good manual dexterity with repetitive motions of wrists, hands, and fingers. Must have vision sufficiently correctable to work with a computer monitor. Must have excellent listening skills to receive information through oral communication.
Market Decisions Research will work with candidates with disabilities to identify reasonable accommodations and encourages candidates with disabilities to contact Gary Hauger, Call Center Manager, to discuss any accommodations that may be necessary during the hiring process.