at Somic America in Brewer, Maine, United States
Directly supervises team leaders and indirectly oversees support and production team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include orienting new employees; planning, assigning, and directing work and training; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; leading adherence to safety and 5S requirements; addressing complaints and resolving problems with area team leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Quickly respond to any reported accidents by investigating and reporting to the HR department.
- Teach the proper methods for recognizing and reporting safety concerns.
- Address any operator burden issues by working with the Engineering and Kaizen departments.
- Notify Quality of any suspect material and help lead suspect part containment. Provide feedback to the team leader and management group of the outcome of non-conforming material.
- Confirm that the team leaders are auditing standardized work daily. Work hand in hand with the engineering department to improve on standardized work methods.
- Maintain and follow pull system methods of scheduling the production lines using customer weekly demand.
- Escalate downtime issues to the maintenance and engineering department to minimize the downtime.
- Analyze production output on the shift report and communication boards. Give instant feedback on ahead or behind conditions.
- Coach, mentor and counsel team leaders and team members regularly about team performance.
- Evaluate shift reports and pull together performance, downtime and performance charts.
- Notify the management staff of all change point management subjects.
- Recognize and act to eliminate waste.
- Encourage problem solving methods and promote and implement Kaizen ideas.
- Develop job rotation and cross training plans.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Incumbent will play a leadership role within the plant, possess a strong worth ethic, be capable of multi-tasking, and be an innovative self-starter who can work well under pressure.
- 5 years related experience and/or training as a direct supervisor in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to prepare presentations that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to production and management teams.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Low cost medical coverage
- HSA option with up to $500 up front and up to an additional $850 match from company
- FSA and Dependent Care Savings
- STD/LTD – Company paid
- Life Insurance – Company paid
- Clothing allowance (company store)
- 401K with up to 4% company match
- Paid Time Off – with rollover feature
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement
- Referral Program
- Company Luncheons/Gatherings
- Length of Service Awards
- And More….
Somic America, Inc
6 Baker Blvd
Brewer, Maine 04412