at Ocean State Job Lot in Sanford, Maine, United States
Front End Supervisor Job Overview
Under the direction of store management, the Front End Supervisor is responsible for the protection of company assets. The Front End Supervisor provides customer service and oversight of front-of -store activities in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protection of company assets
- Establish and maintain a professional environment, ensuring the best possible experience for customers and sales associates
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures through proper handling of all transactions and corresponding documentation (i.e. refunds, check approval, employee discounts, price overrides, gift certificates and any other transactions requiring supervisory involvement)
- Training and supervision of all Sales Associates and Secondary Front End Supervisors on all front-end policies and procedures
- Scheduling to ensure proper coverage at the front end/service desk
- Coordinating immediate pre-screening of all applicants by store management
- Maintaining merchandising standards for register end caps and inboards
- Maintaining neat, organized and safe front end/service desk area
- Timely communication to store management of any issues
- Damages and returns are handled daily according to established company procedure
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicant must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation. Qualified applicant must be able to set and operate a ticket gun, cut case merchandise, count money, lift merchandise weighing up to 35 pounds, sign merchandise, display product on shelves and on the sales floor up to 6 feet, and climb up and down ladders. Qualified applicant also must offer flexibility in scheduling to meet business needs. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to perform these duties.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 6 months supervisory and customer service desk experience required.
Experience in related retail environment preferred.
- Ability to communicate with a friendly, calm and consistent demeanor
- Ability to supervise others while remaining individually productive
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to train and coach others
- Must be able to speak and comprehend English. Secondary language a plus skills.
To Apply: Choose a Location