in PENOBSCOT-Bangor-Metro County, ME
- Provide patient with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, or automobiles and with dressing and grooming.
- Bathe patients
- Care for patient by changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, or assisting with their personal care.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patient to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to patient.
- Check patients' pulse, temperature, and respiration.
- Provide patient with emotional support and instruction in areas such as , preparing healthy meals, living independently, or adapting to disability or illness.
- Perform a variety of duties as requested by client, such as obtaining household supplies or running errands.
- Direct patient in simple prescribed exercises.
- Massage patients or apply preparations or treatments, such as liniment, alcohol rubs, or heat-lamp stimulation.
- Accompany client to doctors' offices or on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance, and companionship.
- Change dressings when needed.