at Southworth-Milton, Inc.
Milton CAT is seeking a Service Supervisor to work in our Service Shop in Scarborough, ME. The Service Supervisor directs and controls the service shop to ensure an efficient, safe, and profitable operation. This position supports corporate objectives by maintaining high quality service to the customer. Supervisors help manage the daily workflow, manage the performance of shop mechanics, and help manage the customer's repair/maintenance job to meet their expectations.
- Schedule and assign work to shop Service Technicians.
- Track progress and check work status of shop technicians to ensure the timely servicing of customer equipment.
- Supervise Service Technicians and engage in performance management by conducting annual and monthly reviews, coaching, counseling, and providing disciplinary action as needed.
- Open and update work orders.
- Advise customers and sales personnel on repairs, define the scope of work, and ensure expectations are met.
- Assist in work time entries, review, closing and invoicing work orders.
- Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance at all times adhering to company policy.
- Enforce safety policies and see that proper safety practices are followed at all times.
- Perform safety audits.
- Maintain confidentiality relative to pricing, promotion, distribution, inventory, customer lists and financial reports.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Previous experience in the earthmoving or heavy equipment industry.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or management position.
- Mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Experience with CAT or similar competitive equipment.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and communicate with others both internally and externally.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong problem-solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle changing priorities in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Must have a valid driver's license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Associates degree in Diesel Technology, Business Studies or related field. Equivalent education and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of an associate degree.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks and drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to fur
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity