at The Iris Network in PORTLAND, Maine, United States
We are looking for a part-time Bookkeeper to join our team! We are a small non-profit serving the blind and visually impaired located in Portland, ME-but we service the entire State of Maine! We are dedicated to helping the blind and visually impaired gain and maintain independence. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills and be task focused. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
We are looking for someone who is interested in learning and growing their skill set! This position will be a hybrid work-from-home and come into the office as needed, after training is completed.
This position will be 20 hours+ per week. Mondays are a must, but we are flexible with the rest of the week! $15-20 per hour DOE.
- Maintain general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries, coding of invoices, accounts analysis and reconciliation, closing books monthly, and setting up new accounts;
- Perform bank reconciliation monthly, verify all deposits;
- Maintain payroll to include maintenance of records, processing all bi-weekly payroll records resulting in accurate employee compensation, computation of federal and state payroll liability or monitor subcontractor payroll functions, as applicable;
- Monitor accounts receivables collection, reconcile customers’ accounts, and the recording of sales;
- Perform all accounts payable duties, including verifying all invoices for payments and ensuring expenditures are charged to the appropriate accounts, in an accurate and timely manner;
- Assist the Finance Manager with annual external audit;
- Accurately and in a timely manner maintain records of all financial documents, with the appropriate supporting material, as required by document retention regulations. Update records as necessary;
- Take and track physical inventory and petty cash procedures;
- Order and maintain appropriate stock of office supplies as well as order non-stock items;
- Track and remit all Sales Taxes due to the State in a timely manner;
- Other duties as assigned.