at Greater Portland Metro in Portland, Maine, United States
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to work as scheduled and locates the assigned bus in the garage.
- Performs pre and post-bus Inspection inspects bus and reports equipment malfunctions to appropriate shop personnel for correction.
- Operates Bus in a safe and professional manner following an assigned schedule.
- Provides courteous passenger assistance as necessary; has a strong working knowledge of Metro Schedule and connecting services so as to provide transfer and related service information to passengers as requested in a courteous manner.
- Collects fares and properly classifies passengers and counts revenue
- Reports delays, breakdowns, and accidents using proper radio protocol; make written reports of all accidents and incidents involving his/her bus.
- Reminds and works with individuals to be seated and orderly while the vehicle is in motion; enforces drinking, nonsmoking and related municipal codes and agency regulations.
- Complies with all local traffic regulations.
- Maintains appearance, behavioral and physical standards necessary to fulfill the agency's essential mission.
- Maintains friendly, professional and efficient manner in passenger relations.
- Complies with all ADA regulations (callouts, wheelchair securement, lift cycling, assisting
- passengers, etc.) and other Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in safety and related training programs that are made available.
- Understand, comply with, and enforce when necessary all regulations and policies governing the Metro System.
Essential Aptitudes and Functions:
- Reliable and Dependable and maintains excellent attendance and punctuality
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills and has social perceptiveness skills
- Possess and ability to maintain outstanding customer service skills
- Required ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Possesses the ability to be compassionate towards passengers and co-workers
- Ability to create detailed, legible, and timely incident/accident reports
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Dependable, trustworthy, and maintains a high level of integrity with regard to their work
- Can utilize common sense, company policies and think quickly to adapt and solve problems
- Maintains an excellent driving record and is safety is a focused
- Adaptable and is flexible with work schedule