at Southworth-Milton, Inc.
Milton CAT is seeking an experienced Parts & Facilities Manager to join our team. This position will be responsible for parts customer interface and selling, assisting with employee development, key operational duties, safety, facilities responsibility, financial performance and planning & scheduling. The ideal candidate must have strong technical knowledge with parts and distribution and must be detail oriented, as well possess superior customer service skills. The candidate will be capable of working in an active environment and have the ability to implement new systems to more efficiently distribute parts to Milton CAT employees and customers.
- Organize, communicate and delegate responsibilities and priorities to ensure the successful operation of the parts department.
- Influence and promote customer satisfaction, service and support.
- Resolve customer problems to restore and promote good public relations.
- Maintain, budget, and analyze cost projections.
- Work with other on-premises managers to prioritize project request for the upcoming year.
- Keep the facility in excellent condition for customer tours and corporate visits.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Develop and maintain effective parts department processes to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Create annual goals and budget, in alignment with the organization's financial and operational objectives.
- Share best practices and implement common processes department wide.
- Engage in performance management by conducting performance evaluations, coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action as needed.
- Provide employees continuous and timely support through feedback, problem solving and development opportunities.
- Communicate with and hold employees accountable to performance expectations.
- Create, drive and support a safety culture within the parts department.
- Manage training schedules and assist in the development of employees.
- Maintain adequate parts inventories for Caterpillar and Allied Lines through coordination and corporate support staff, consistent with established criteria on turn over, emergency purchases and service percentage goals.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Minimum of five years experience in distribution operations including experience in parts department operations.
- Working knowledge of parts, components, equipment and services offered.
- Knowledge of financial budgeting, as well as ability to prepare marketing plans.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and communicate with others both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results.
- Experience in managing multiple employees.
- Ability to recognize and manage confidential materials and information.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Previous experience with CAT dealer parts and services.
- Experience with Warehouse Management (WMS) systems.
Minimum Educational Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Busine
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity