at ACV Enviro in Skowhegan, Maine, United States
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!
The primary purpose of the position is to ensure that driving and operation of equipment is conducted in a safe and compliant manner. The Driver/Operator is also responsible for leading crews to ensure completions of customer projects. Driver/Operators work with Field Technicians on clean ups, spills, COVID and Hazmat Decon work and other duties delegated by management that are within the scope of work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Operate various equipment with a GVW>26,000 lbs. (including but not limited to Roll off trucks, tractor/ trailers, Liquid Vacs, Turbo Vacs, Sewer Cleaners, Box Trucks)
· Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
· Ability to work a rotating shift, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. “On-Call” based on the rotating “On-Call” schedule for Emergency Response. May require out of town travel. Length of travel will be dependent on service center and on-going projects
· Ability to work under adverse conditions (heat & cold)
· Accountability and punctuality
· Physically able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary and lift > 50lbs routinely
· Maintain electronic vehicle logs (ELDs)
· DOT Pre-trip and Post-trip inspections
· Preform other, related duties as assigned by management
· CDL A or B with hazardous material and tanker endorsements
· Pass a Pre-Employment Physical, Drug Screen and Alcohol testing
· Pass a Pre-Employment Background Screening
· Pass the Company’s Auto Insurance Qualifiers
· Pass the OSHA HAZWOPER 40 hour training
· Must be able to obtain Transportation Worker (TWIC) clearance. This may not be applicable to all divisions. If required, must get within first 45 days of employment
· Able to read, write, and understand the English language, and able to follow verbal and written instructions
· Must be 21 years of age or older
· High School Diploma or GED
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Completion of Driver/Operator course training thru ACV U (training will be based on classification of CDL A/B and Wet/Dry)
• Completion of ACV Driver/Operator vehicle training
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds for movement of boxes and supplies. Must be able to reach, kneel, life and move heavy supplies.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position is exposed to maintenance areas subject to OSHA which include safety precautions.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account