at Maine Vocational & Rehabilitation Associates in Augusta, Maine, United States
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in someone’s life? We are looking for you to join our Daily Living Skills (DLS) team to do just that.
We help adults who have been diagnosed with mental illness. Our goal is to help them learn skills to increase their independence at home and in the community to live their best life possible.
If you are patient, kind, compassionate, non-judgmental, energetic, and able to maintain good boundaries, as well as having good problem-solving skills then you are the right candidate for us. Some of the skills and goals we teach are:
- Identifying and learning healthy coping skills
- Encouraging and modeling good hygiene and healthy lifestyle choices
- Assisting with medication management, mental health and medical appointment coordination
- Teaching meal planning, healthy food choices, shopping, and food comparison
- Assisting with house cleaning and developing routines for daily upkeep, laundry, and budgeting skills
- Reducing isolation by participating in social activities such as accessing 12-step program and other self-help groups for community integration and inclusion
- Accessing the community to locate and access basic needs
Hours vary depending on client needs. We offer both part time and full-time opportunities.
MVRA offers paid training for MHRT-1 certification, which includes CRMA, Mental Health Support Specialist, CPR/FA, BBP, Safety Care. Clinical supervision and professional development planning are included, as well as Ethics and Boundaries. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, mileage reimbursement as well as other benefits. **$350 Sign On Bonus**
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
Maine Vocational & Rehabilitation Associates
18 Meadow Road
Augusta, Maine 04332