at Facebook in Augusta, Maine, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Our work aims to understand the people who will use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. Our methods range from generative to evaluative, ethnography to experimentation, and involves close collaboration between researchers and our cross-functional partners.
As we scale the team, we’re looking for teammates with a range of expertise from specialists to methodological generalists, with skills in qualitative, quantitative, and/or design research methods. For this position, we are looking for experienced researchers with strong skills in behavioral data analysis, experimental and survey research, and statistics.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about product development and design, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and passionate about understanding and helping people. If this sounds like you, come join us as we work to solve complex and meaningful problems for people around the world!
1. Work closely with product teams to identify important research questions
2. Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
3. Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
4. Conduct research using a wide variety of quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
5. Collaborate closely with qualitative and mixed methods researchers
6. Partner with design, product management, data science, content strategy, engineering, marketing, and other technical roles to conduct and share research
Augusta, Maine 04332