at STS Operating Inc.
INDUSTRIAL DISTRIBUTION BRANCH MANAGER
The Hope Group, A SunSource Company, is New England's leading provider of fluid power and motion control solutions for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and MROs. The Hope Group has over 100,000 square feet of warehousing, fabrication and administration facilities to complement its manufacturing capacity. We are currently seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Retail Branch Manager at our Lewiston facility.
This role is Responsible for managing and directing the activities of the Store/Branch including the supervision of personnel, coordination and implementation of company policies, procedures and processes, purchasing and receiving materials, filling orders and maintaining inventories with accountability for results in terms of operations and profitability.
- Manage the day to day activities of Store/Branch personnel involved with fluid power, connectors and industrial products. Perform a variety of customer services, including order entry, price and delivery information, quotations, inquiries, expediting, etc.
- Plan, assign, assist and direct the work of store personnel. Instruct personnel in proper methods, procedures and duties. Conduct employee performance reviews and make recommendations regarding hiring, transfers, terminations and wage adjustments. Monitor, follow-up and take corrective action as necessary, relative to employee performance and conduct issues. Follow and insure compliance with all safety rules, regulations and practices.
- Receive and review inquiries and orders, checking to insure correct identification of parts and assemblies. Price items using established Tribute pricing and other pricing practices as directed by management.
- Purchase non-stock items to meet sales order requirements. Identify suppliers, obtain price and delivery quotations and place purchase orders.
- Receive purchased material, check for proper identification, quantities, shipping damage, etc. Note discrepancies and sign for receipt. Place newly received material in the proper BIN locations and enter into inventory records. Assure that all inventory items are properly identified and BIN located.
- Maintain accurate inventory records performing periodic inventory and cycle counts as necessary. Work with purchasing and warehouse regarding factory returns, inventory levels and to resolve questions arising from cycle counts or daily warehouse activity.
- Maintain all required records, logs and reports. Reconcile the cash sale account weekly by monitoring ROQ and by using the CSPAY report to deposit cash and checks. Resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Fill customer orders for over-the-counter sales or shipments. Pick material from inventory, pack as necessary and arrange for shipping.
- Operate handling equipment as necessary for moving and storing heavy items such as reels of hose. Make up hose assemblies, cutting hose to length and assembling various required fittings working to exact quality standards.
- Provide leads to outside sales persons for new customers, major projects or new product applications. Support outside sales by providing quotations, other customer services. Travel with outside sales when required to enhance sales opportunities or resolve customer concerns or complaints.
- Distribute correspondence to all personnel such as price lists, catalogs, and new product information from Parker Hannifin Fluid Power/Fluid Connector Groups.
- Travel – The Hope Group operated multiple facilities throughout the New England area. From time to time out employees will be required to travel to other locations. Examples of required travel may include, but are not limited to, company events, conferences, open houses, training, orientation, and coverage for labor shortages. When travel to other locations is required, employees will be reimbursed for the use of personal vehicles as detailed in the Travel Reimbursement Policy from in The Hope Group Business Management System [BMS].
- HS Diploma or GED required, associate degree or better preferred.
- 3+ year's work experience in a similar capacity or role.
- Knowledge of technical application of industrial products along with purchasing, inventory control, counter sales & store management involving thorough skills knowledge plus application of basic theory.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industrial products applications and the use of a wide range of procedures. Requires the use of judgment in the analysis of facts and circumstances surrounding individual problems and transactions and in determining actions to be taken within limits or standard or accepted practice.
- Generally proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite of products such as MS Word, MS Excel, etc.
Would you rather see what we have to offer? Check out SunSource Core Competency video
Why is SunSource a great place to work? Click here WHY SUNSOURCE?
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY PROGRAM