at The Baker Company Inc. in Sanford, Maine, United States
Job DescriptionBe part of a company that leads the industry in clean air, containment and incubation technology, and help us support sustainable, environmentally friendly laboratories. Join The Baker Company team and help us support science!
The Fabrication Machine Operators are responsible to run the machines (Laser, Punch, Brake) to manufacture sheet metal parts and meet manufacturing requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read, interpret, and follow job tags, work instructions and blueprints.
- Follows and maintains 5s and TPM schedules.
- Operate various types of press brakes and punch machines.
- Basic mechanical skills using hand tools, power tools, hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Ability to set up required equipment (Laser, Punch, Brake). Select proper tooling and proper sheet stock using work instructions.
- Ability to measure, inspect and set up tolerances using calipers and measuring equipment.
- Maintain machine with regular maintenance - including cleaning, greasing and fluid levels. Report any issues to team leader or supervisor.
- Work with minimal supervision
- Make every effort to focus on doing-it-right to make sure the customer is happy or satisfied with our units.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Right the first time
- Support on-time delivery
- Meet daily production standards
- Works safely
- Able to lift 10-20 lbs. frequently, up to 50 lbs. periodically, and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Able to stand 8-hours running equipment.
- Able to crawl, climb and work in and around mechanical equipment.
- Mechanical skills
- Basic computer and math skills needed.
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Basic computer skills