at Douglas Dynamics/Fisher Engineering in Rockland, Maine, United States
WHO WE ARE:
Douglas Dynamics is North America’s premier manufacturer and upfitter of work truck attachments and equipment. Our belief is that our employees and culture are just as important to the company as serving our customers. We place a high value on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Douglas Dynamics, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission to serve our customers, to advance your career, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life.
We would love to have you join our team, where we offer top notch benefits, multiple avenues for advancement and a great working environment.
HOW WE DO IT:
Grow, Improve, and Engage is our focus as an organization to ensure we succeed by executing the right things. These are our Core Values and are How We Win in the marketplace. The Winning Behaviors are what each Douglas Dynamics employee does to support the success of our company. They are the expectations of all of us to help ensure we focus on winning as an organization the right way! Our Winning Behaviors are:
- Be Customer & Results Driven
- Anticipate the Possibilities
- Collaborate & Care
- Communicate Responsibly
- Develop Self & Others
- Get Better Every Day
We are seeking experienced Operators! Positions are available on the first and second shift. Regular first shift schedule is 5am - 3:30pm, Monday - Thursday. Second shift schedule is 4pm - 2:30am, Monday - Thursday. Second shift includes a shift differential.'
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
Operator performs a variety of machine operations, material handling, quality checks, and general maintenance for the company’s snowplow and ice control product lines in one of the Profiling/Fabrication departments. Will communicate with other departments on a daily basis and periodically work overtime and/or alternate shifts to meet the production demands. Operator will be expected to maintain safety, quality, and delivery at or above the expected level, actively participate in team activities, training, the company’s 6-S activities and follow Douglas Dynamics rules regarding work and conduct.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
Starting pay at $18.50 per hour with wages increased based on experience and skill! We also offer a $1/hour BONUS for perfect attendance.
- A fulfilling career with the ability to contribute to an industry leader
- A comprehensive suite of benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A generous 401k match
- Profit sharing for all full-time employees
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Oversee the operations of equipment, identify and correct problems as they occur.
- Run test cycles and do quality audits to maintain accuracy and quality.
- Maintain safety, quality, and through put as required.
- Perform timely upkeep of equipment.
- Communicate with other departments/shifts daily.
- Keep work area, tools, material, and equipment clean and orderly
- Work in a safe manner and report unsafe conditions as required.
- Periodically operate a powered industrial truck to assist in material handling.
- Ability to demonstrate a full understanding and knowledge of fabrication cell equipment.
- Ability to establish machine settings and adjustments to optimize part quality and throughput
- Ability to minimize scrap, and maximize machine efficiency on primary equipment.
- Possess an understanding of the mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and or hydraulic operation of the cell’s equipment
- Ability to set up and operate a Press Brake.
- Work directly with Engineering and Maintenance to perform PMs and upgrades to cell equipment.
- Ability to minimize scrap, and maximize machine efficiency on multiple pieces of equipment
- Ability to complete DDMS training such as TWI, 5S, TPM, etc.
- Ability to train and interact with the team in basic operations of all cell equipment.
- Understanding and ability to use the utilization of capacity tool.
- Record production data daily.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
WHAT THIS ROLE NEEDS:
Experience: Minimum 2 years Fabrication experience or equivalent.
- Computer literacy.
- Able to read and understand prints as related to size, shape, material, and bend lines.
- Ability to read and interpret production and design drawings.
- Ability to setup and operate fabrication equipment (Press Brakes, Bar Shear, Ironworkers, Angle Shear).
- Prior experience in metal fabrication.
- Prior forklift and overhead hoist experience.
Our focus on integrity, teamwork, and high performance creates and ideal work environment for every one of our employees.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Discover our opportunities and come see all the ways you can do more at Douglas Dynamics.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Douglas Dynamics, LLC does not discriminate against qualified applicants in hiring based on race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account