at Ocean State Job Lot in Falmouth, Maine, United States
The Area Supervisor is responsible for the daily merchandising of designated areas of the store, under the direction of the Area Team Leader. This position will control ordering, receiving, stocking, signage, ad setup, and maintenance standards within the assigned area. The Area Supervisor also participates in the coverage and responsibilities of the Front End/Service Desk. The role of the Area Supervisor is designed to develop future OSJL team leaders. Associates in this position should be open to development to store leadership level positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all OSJL customers receive the best possible service on the sales floor and at the point of sale
- Act in compliance with all Company policies and procedures
- Manage merchandise presentation in assigned areas, including proper maintenance of all auto-replenished areas
- Support training of store associates assigned to the department(s)
- Exercise inventory control through proper ordering management of backroom stock and timely flow of merchandise to the sales floor
- Comply in a timely manner with all merchandising direction from the Visual Merchandising Department
- Maintain proper merchandise signage and ticketing
- Uphold all store safety and maintenance standards
- Support front end operations as needed
- When functioning as a key carrier, participate in the operation and merchandising of the entire store
- Operate a cash register, as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 1-3 years professional experience in other retail environments required
- Prior customer service experience, training experience, and prior merchandise ordering, receiving, stocking, and maintenance experience in other retail environments preferred
- Computer skills (email; Google platform i.e. sites, slides, drive, docs, sheets; Qlik)
- Effective Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have the ability to build and maintain a culture of trust and respect.
- Team Oriented: You are capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client. You commit time, focus, and energy to develop future OSJL leaders by motivating them around a common purpose and vision.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner. You understand the tools and processes needed to meet larger strategic initiatives.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about online collaboration and ensuring our clients are successful; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Organized: You lead by example in serving all of our stakeholders: customers, owners, communities, and fellow associates.
- Time Management: You are able to handle multiple projects at once, and can organize multiple projects around given deadlines.
- Leadership: You are a leader and exhibit that in your everyday work. You pride yourself on developing your leadership skills and working with a diverse group of customers and associates.
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. This position requires extended periods of moving, remaining stationary, ascending, descending, and/or positioning oneself to complete various tasks throughout the shift..
- Some sedentary activities and near vision use for reading and computer use.
- Responsible for physical activities including using hand tools, ascending or descending a ladder, moving, reaching, and lifting on a frequent basis: should be able to lift 35 lbs on a regular basis.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other job duties and tasks, some of which may be essential to the position. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract, either express or implied. You are an at-will employee, meaning either you or the Company may terminate your employment at any time, with or without notice.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account