at Merck in Augusta, Maine, United States
Our Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance team push the boundaries of global healthcare through research and innovation. Through clinical trials and surveillance, we ensure the safety and efficacy of our existing and pipeline products to produce safe, effective, innovative medicine.
Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Director (Sr. Principal Scientist) has primary responsibility for the planning and directing clinical research activities involving new or marketed Oncology medicines. Our company’s Oncology medicines span all phases of clinical development (pre-clinical to post-licensure). The Director will manage the entire cycle of clinical development, including: study design, placement, monitoring, analysis, regulatory reporting, and publication.
Specifically, The Director May Be Responsible For
• Evaluating pre-clinical and translational work for the purpose of generating early clinical development plan and Investigational New Drug applications;
• Developing of clinical development strategies for investigational or marketed Oncology drugs
• Planning clinical trials (design, operational plans, settings) based on these clinical development strategies
• Monitoring and managing the conduct of ongoing or new clinical trials for investigational or marketed Oncology drugs;
• Analyzing and summarizing the clinical findings from studies to support decisions regarding safety and efficacy as well as new drug applications, clinical study reports, or publication; and
• Participation in internal and joint internal/external research project teams relevant to the development of new compounds, and the further study of marketed compounds. In executing these duties, the
• Supervise the activities of Clinical Scientists in the execution of clinical studies
• Work closely with a cross-functional group of experts in commercialization, regulatory affairs, statistics, and manufacturing to manage clinical development projects; and
• Assist the Senior/Executive Director in ensuring that appropriate Corporate personnel are informed of the progress of studies of our company and it’s competitors’ drugs and internal and external expert opinion on scientific questions relevant to his/her areas of responsibility.
• The Director is responsible for maintaining a strong scientific fund of knowledge by:
• Maintaining awareness of scientific developments within his/her area of expertise, in terms of new scientific findings, research methodologies
• Identification of scientifically and operationally strong investigators who can assist in the development of our company’s investigational and marketed drugs
• Establishing communications with prominent clinical investigators in his/her particular field of interest, particularly those who will be willing and able to assist in the evaluation of our company’s drugs
• Attending appropriate scientific meetings to maintain his or her competency and to maintain awareness of research activities in his/her area of responsibility.
• To accomplish these goals, the Director may:
• Author detailed development documents, presentations, budgets, and position papers for internal and external audiences
• Facilitating collaborations with external researchers around the world
• Travel on company business about twenty (20) percent of the time to manage future or ongoing clinical research projects. Qualifications
• M.D or M.D./Ph.D.
• Must have experience in industry or senior faculty in academia
• Minimum of 3 years of clinical medicine experience
• Minimum of 1 year of industry experience in drug development or biomedical research experience in academia
• Demonstrated record of scientific scholarship and achievement
• A proven track record in clinical medicine and background in biomedical research is essential
• Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to function in a team environment are essential.
• Board Certified or Eligible in Oncology (and/or Hematology)
• Prior specific experience in clinical research and prior publication
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth .
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here (https://survey.sogosurvey.com/Survey1.aspx?k=SsQYWYYQsQRsPsPsP&lang=0) to request this role’s pay range.
Current Employees apply HERE (https://wd5.myworkday.com/msd/d/inst/1422$1533/rel-task/3001$14.htmld)
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE (https://wd5.myworkday.com/msd/d/task/1422$4020.htmld)
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here (https://survey.sogosurvey.com/r/aCdfqL) if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf)
EEOC GINA Supplement?
OFCCP EEO Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP\EEO\Supplement\Final\JRF\QA\508c.pdf)
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way toTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account