at Northern Light Health in Blue Hill, Maine, United States
Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Department: Specialty Intensive Care Unit
Position is located: Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Hours Per week: 36
Work Schedule: 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM
Perform nursing assessment and care of acute and chronically ill medical-surgical patients, including patients requiring ventilation assistance and/or use of vasoactive intravenous medications. Collaborate with interdisciplinary care team to assure patients’ needs and care requirements are met throughout the continuum of care. Participate in organizational performance activities that impact patient care. Proficiency in Nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, & evaluation. Effective communication utilizing clear, concise and effective verbal, written and electronic communications. Organization & time management skills; ability to multi-task. Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
BLS Required. ACLS within first year.
Competencies and skills:
- Acts Strategic: Creates effective plans that anticipate future consequences and opportunities and is able to connect the day to day operations to longer-term objectives, shifts in the industry, and system goals.
- No previous experience required.
- Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
- Resolves Conflict: Promptly acts to find alternatives/solutions when team members disagree. Addresses issues in a direct, honest, and appropriate manner. Handles conflicting interests diplomatically and helps to solve them. Transforms difficult situations into teachable moments using respect and accountability .
- Maine Registered Nurse license or eligible to obtain.
- Associates degree in nursing, bachelors preferred.
Experience: One year of nursing experience required, three year preferred.
- Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
- Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
Position Registered Nurse – S
Northern Light Health
Blue Hill, Maine 04614