at Samoset Resort in Rockport, Maine, United States
Job title: SECURITY
Reports to: Front Office Manager/General Manager
Department: Front Desk
Updated: October 21, 2018
Summary: Maintains Samoset’s security. All associates are expected to promote and uphold the Samoset Standards of Excellence; Smile, Assume responsibility, Maintain a well-groomed, Professional appearance, Own every guest inquiry, speak in a professional manner to guests and co-workers, Exceed guests’ expectations and Take pride in your work and in the resort.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for overnight security detail in a resort setting.
- Security staff are required to conduct patrols of the resort floors, assuring all interior and exterior doors are secure. Patrol outside perimeters, including outdoor pool, clubhouse, pro-shop, accounting and timeshare buildings.
- Security camera surveillance.
- Assist with traffic control for large functions.
- Assist in enforcing liquor law policies politely and diplomatically in public areas.
- Loss prevention.
- Incident reporting.
- Completes security check list and security report provided to General Manager, Front Office Manager and Food & Beverage Director.
- First responder to all guest needs (including basic first aid and resort disturbances).
- Emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Security is subject to operate company vehicles as well as guest’s vehicles for valet.
- Night auditor will relay guest requests to Security to execute.
- Delivers folio’s to guest rooms.
- F&B and golf laundry if time allows.
- Prepare morning coffee in main lobby for guests.
- Additional duties may be assigned by the Front Office Manager, General Manager or Manager on Duty.
- Perform CID/Front Desk duties to support Night Auditor when Auditor is assisting other guests, or in the absence of the Night Auditor to provide superior levels of guest service.
- Communicates to Night Auditor when leaving the Front Office area and conveys specific property locations using radios to be kept on at all times.
High school diploma or GED, 6 months to one year related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, guests, customers and the general public.
Basic computer skills including Microsoft word, excel and outlook programs.
Ability to solve and interpret practical problems and situations to establish facts and draw a conclusion.
Customer service and communication skills required. Valid driver’s license required.
Physical demands require that associates may occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Smile and greet every guest. Speak to each guest in a warm, friendly, courteous manner. Display genuine and enthusiastic interest in the guest; pay complete attention. Anticipate guest needs and be flexible in responding to them. Be knowledgeable about your job. LEARN to take ownership of guest issues and resolve them. The resort is comprised of many different departments and work groups. TEAM WORK is essential to provide the highest quality of Guest services.
220 Warrenton Street
Rockport, Maine 04856