at CDM Smith in Auburn, Maine, United States
CDM Smith is seeking a full time Senior Geotechnical Engineer with expertise in geotechnical engineering specifically in airfield pavement design.
We have a preference for this hire to be located near a CDM Smith major office.
As a member of our Geotechnical Team you would contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
- Providing senior level experience with AASHTO flexible and rigid pavement design standards, Unified Facilities Criteria for Airfield Pavement Design, Unified Facilities Guide Specifications, and FAA Advisory Circulars required.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate mid to large size field and laboratory services for transportation-related projects including roadway and airfield pavement projects, embankment design and retaining structures
- Perform and/or oversee geotechnical engineering analyses and evaluations for the design of new pavements and overlays, pavement condition surveys, pavement rehabilitation, and reconstruction
- Perform and/or oversee geotechnical engineering analyses and evaluations for other project types consistent with successful applicant’s expertise. This could include: earthwork, dewatering, and excavation support; shallow/deep foundations; pipelines; dams, reservoirs, and levees; solid waste; tunneling, micro-tunneling, and pipe jacking; or geo-environmental projects
- Write engineering reports and prepare Contract Documents
- Oversee engineering services during construction on projects involving pavement design and other project types consistent with successful applicant’s expertise which could include deep foundations, support of excavations, pipelines, and tunnels
- Prepare scope, schedules and budgets for proposals
- Manage projects, subcontractors, and geotechnical staff on multi-disciplined projects and work within multi-disciplined team environment
- Directing the work of a staff of up to 5 engineers and technicians
- Acting as mentor for lower-level employees
- Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or outside organization
- Work with clients in the public, private, and federal sectors
Geotechnical Engineer 6
CDM Smith Employment Type:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geologic Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering
Auburn, Maine 04212