at Cianbro in Pittsfield, Maine, United States
Cianbro Corporation is searching for a Human Resource (HR) Generalist to join our 100% Employee Owned Company. This position will be responsible for the daily functions of the Operational HR Department including coordinating the hiring and interviewing process perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the team. These general administrative duties will include, supporting team members with benefits questions as well as ensuring compliance with our company policies and practices.
* Supports the Senior HR Managers, Staffers, and Recruiters with the coordination of interviews and the facilitation of new hires onboarding.
* Collaborates with other departmental managers on a daily basis in fulfilling the responsibilities of the role.
* Maintains with integrity and confidentiality, accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation to ensure compliance with federal, state, and job site rules and regulations.
* Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
* Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave, disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; recognition, and overall team member engagement.
* Handles employment relations with - related inquiries from applicants and team members including supervisors and management while referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate party.
* May attend and participate in sensitive team member meetings.
* Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
* Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits education, department/team meetings, team member recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
* Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
* Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS systems.
*EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE*
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
* At least three years of human resource experience preferred.
* SHRM-PHR or SPHR a plus.
Cianbro is an employee-owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on marital status, race, color, creed, gender, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, veteran status, union affiliation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Cianbro is an employee owned, tobacco-free, equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected categories.